Word Wrap

A word processing term.

When you type into a text editor or a full-blown word processor, a very convenient feature is for the text to automtically flow to the next line once the previous line is full. This is called 'word-wrapping'

You can usually switch word wrapping on or off. For example in the basic text editor called 'Notepad, that comes with Windows, you can control word-wrap in the Format menu.

If word wrap is off, then the line just gets longer and longer until you press the Enter or Return Key.

Challenge see if you can find out one extra fact on this topic that we haven't already told you

Click on this link: Word Wrap



back to glossaryback to glossary