Text Frame

A desktop publishing term (DTP).

DTP applications handle text and images by placing them within individual frames. Not surprisingly, text is placed within a "text frame".

Frames are normally rectangular areas within the page, but some frames can also be made into different shapes such as circles.

The frame itself can often be re-sized and moved around the page. As the frame is re-sized, text re-flows itself within it. Frames can also be linked so long passages of text can flow from one frame to another. This is handy for long documents such as books.

(Note: most general office applications provide text frame options)


Challenge see if you can find out one extra fact on this topic that we haven't already told you

Click on this link: Text Frame


back to glossaryback to glossary