Not everyone has equal access to the Internet. This is called the 'Digital Divide' or 'Social Exclusion'.
Factors that cause a divide are
- Money - access is not free
- Language - a large part of the internet is written in English
- Literacy - most of the internet includes text
- Age - older generations generally find new technology harder to use
- Physical - many people have disablilities that make using the internet more difficult than it should be.
Governments around the world have made a lot of effort to provide internet access to their citizens
Challenge see if you can find out one extra fact on this topic that we haven't already told you
Click on this link: Digital Divide