This is the small line that appears above letters within a word in order to change their pronounciation.

For example café should have an accent above the 'é' so instead of saying 'CAF-EE' it become 'CAFF-AY'

Challenge see if you can find out one extra fact on this topic that we haven't already told you

Click on this link: Accent


back to glossaryback to glossary